HTTP POST is the most commonly used method for job board integrations within our system. If this does not meet your requirements then we can provide an alternative method of receiving data from Broadbean.
Broadbean are able to support a batch / fetch integration where we would be able to provide you with a URL to come and collect advert data.
- Batch on Demand - Broadbean will provide you with a URL for all live adverts
- Each Job must have a unique ID / Reference assigned
- You will run a Cron job to fetch all the adverts on a chosen frequency from our site
- You will then display adverts on the website
- Delete: Broadbean will delete the xml file from the URL as and when client sends a delete request
- On the next Cron job you will delete that advert from the website
- Username and Password to login to the FTP
- What file name can we use. e,g Broadbean_job.xml
- How often can we submit? E.g. every hour , 2 hours, 4 hours, 24 hours.
Aplitrak (Response Tracking)
You need to accept a unique email address with each advert, this address should be used for applications as we receive responses back into our system for applicant tracking purposes.
More information on this functionality can be found here
What we need from your developers:
- XML root element [see below] e.g. <jobs></jobs>
- Finalized XML
- Field behavior i.e. mandatory fields, single or multi-select options, HTML support, character limits etc
- Any custom values for sectors / industries / location etc – Please liaise with client before submitting this information to Broadbean. If no custom mappings are provided, then Broadbean will send default values. [see below]
- How the apply functionality will be supported i.e. application_email or application_url
- Quality Testing (this will be carried out once the development starts on our side).
Without these 6 points being completed, we will not be able to schedule in any development work
Example Expected XML [Please note, below is an example XML, you can amend this to suit your requirements]
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<contact_telephone>020 7987 6900</contact_telephone>
<job_skills>VB, C++, PERL, Java</job_skills>
<job_description>This is the detailed description</job_description>
<salary_benefits>Bonus and Pension</salary_benefits>
<salary>£25000 - £30000 per annum + Bonus and Pension</salary>
Broadbean Default Values
If you have custom drop-down values, please do make us aware of this. If not, our default values can be found here