We strongly recommend the client and website developers discuss and agree the website specification before signing any development order with Broadbean.
The following requirements should be considered when designing the interface:
- The interface must accept one advert per transaction
- The interface must be multi-threaded / thread safe as we may make concurrent transactions
- Each advert transaction must be able to handle a new, unique email address (Aplitrak). The email address we provide will be job specific as we use this to link the response back to the correct job record, and then Broadbean forward the application to the consultant's inbox.
- We block duplicate applications from the same applicant for the same job, thus we need the applicant's email address sent in the "From" field of the response or in the "Reply-To" address.
- Where the end user is likely to include direct employers / corporate companies, each advert transaction must be able to handle a new and unique application URL. Many of our direct employers / corporate companies prefer applicants to apply via an online application form and where this is the case the application URL field will be populated. The URL should be used when populated, otherwise applications should be sent to the email address field.
- In the event of a failure / error being encountered, the API must send a meaningful response. Examples include "Username/Password not recognised", "insufficient credit", "Database unable to serve request" etc. Please do not return error codes as these are meaningless to users.
The data will be passed to your interface in a specific format, however the format can be defined by you. We take this approach because each site has different requirements.
An XML example is provided and can be followed or adapted where necessary. We support bespoke fields where needed.